Wednesday, November 28, 2012

10 Questions To An Expat: Alluring Alison


It's been awhile, but "10 Questions To An Expat," is back! This edition features long-term British expat, Alison Urbina, who enjoys playing with daughter Miah, a night out with the girls, and jetting off to gorgeous beaches in Indonesia.

1) So Alison, how long have you lived in Singapore?
19 years!

2) Where are you from originally?
The UK...Wimbledon.

3) What brought you here?
My job from Sydney in the events industry.

4) What do you do in your spare time?
As founder of a new business http://www.indonesialandandproperty.com/ I don't really have spare time. When I do, I'm traveling to Indonesia, finding land, or islands to sell. It's great fun.

5) What do you like best about Singapore?
The government has a vision and sees it through, the city is constantly evolving...taxes are very encouraging for entrepeneurs.

6) What do you like least?
Driving: nobody signals.

7 Never leave the house without?
An umbrella.

8) Best weekend trip?
South Lombok Coast in Indonesia. There is a direct flight to Lombok. 20 minutes from there and you're on unspoiled white sand beaches.

9) Interesting fact people don't know about you?
I almost died from malaria.

10) What advice would you give someone who is about to move here?
Well, there are definitely ups and downs to being an expat...so I guess, just go with the flow.

2 comments:

  1. I never heard about Lombok before coming to Singapore...will definitely check out her site-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-I still need to go there myself!

    ReplyDelete