|Some habits are harder to quit than others.|
From my mother, the idealist:
1) Never tell someone you hate them...only that you are disappointed in them.
2) Never give two presents, it minimizes both.
3) A hand made card is preferable to a store bought one.
4) Shoulders back when you walk.
5) If you're invited to someone's house always bring something.
6) Remember to send a thank you card after a dinner or party.
7) You get more flies with honey than vinegar.
8) If a friend talks badly to you about another friend behind their back, chances are they are talking behind your back as well.
9) When complaining at a shop or restaurant, don't start out with the complaint but with telling them how much you have always loved coming there and what a loyal customer you are (see point 7).
From my father, the practical one:
1) Always wear a scarf in a cold climate. It's the most important piece of clothing.
2) Always shake off all the drops after a shower as it makes drying with a towel much easier.
3) Make sure you have good light when you are reading.
4) Always bring something to read when you go out.
5) When possible, avoid calling. Writing is always best.
6) Go to the gym. Every day and early as possible.
7) Eat a healthy breakfast.
8) Never talk about politics with friends.
9) Don't always walk the same route to school.
10) Don't complain, don't explain.