2) In addition to plane fares, presents for every relative, friend, and acquaintance you are likely to meet back home, you also need to buy a winter wardrobe for every member of the family since everywhere is colder than here.
3) After realizing the total cost equals the price of a minivan, you may decide to stay put.
4) You soon discover that for your other friends, staying put, actually means short breaks to Bali and Phuket.
5) The top wish on your children's list will be to build a snowman. (There's that small detail of us living in the tropics...remember?)
6) Roasting chestnuts over an open fire...when it's 93 degrees Fahrenheit...not so fun.
7) Having family visit is great as long as you realize that, along with the delicious Swiss chocolate and Jo Malone creams, they will bring a virus they picked up on the long haul flight. And they will have major jet lag. If they have toddlers, two words: good times.
8) You're not the only one who thinks going to Singapore's Snow City is a good idea.
9) You are thinking of having your entire Christmas dinner home delivered.
10) Your child may spontanously assume the buddha position to decide where to put up the tree.