|"Are we having fun yet?"|
As promised, here is a list of 10 fun things to do in Singapore with your kids during the holidays.
If you, like me, hate crafts, long car trips, and anything involving a roller coaster, then this is the list for you.
1) Swimming outdoors...it's Singapore, after all. (Tip: take a book and large hat...just so they realize you're not actually jumping in the pool with them.)
2) Go to the bookstore Kinokuniya in Takashimaya. Hours of fabulous browsing and reading.
You may or may not want to avoid stationery area-depending on your disposable income.
3) Have a yummy breakfast of masala dhosai in Little India. Good way to assess your kids' spicy index.
4) Go to the movies. Just remember to check the rating first. Les Miserables was rated NC16-go figure.
5) Ice skating at the new olympic rink (@JCube Jurong). Allow some time beforehand to buy matching hat and gloves. At least an hour if you have Italian kids.
6) Dumplings at Din Tai Fung-what's not to love?
7) Watching Mythbusters with your kids on TV.
8) Grocery shopping followed by a stop at the local food court for kimchi fried rice and Korean Bbq. (Yes, I do realize most of my activities involve eating...blame my kids and wide array of choices in Singapore.)
9) Legoland in Malaysia (full disclosure: we still need to go). But it is on my kids' wish list and is just a forty minute drive away.
10) And finally, take them to visit their Dad's office for a surprise visit. (Tip: Accidentally leave one of them there.)
What do you like to do with your kids during the holidays? Please add...