Thursday, December 27, 2012
10 Questions To An Expat: Dazzling Donnaya
Introducing Donnaya Antao, gorgeous wife and mother of two adorable children, Joshua and Katerina. When she's not cooking up a veritable storm of Thai delicacies in the kitchen, you may find her strumming away at the piano.
1) So Donnaya, how long have you lived in Singapore?
Two and a half years.
2) Where are you from originally?
3) What brought you here?
My husband Peter is an engineer in the oil business. We moved here from Houston, Texas.
4) What do you do in your spare time?
I do a lot of cooking, but if I have free time I practice the piano-trying to catch up with my kids!
5) What do you like best about Singapore?
The convenience and the safety. It is so easy to live here.
6) What do you like least?
The size of the condo apartments. I wish they were bigger.
7) Never leave the house without?
Umbrella and a comb.
8) Best weekend trip?
Phuket, Thailand. The beaches are beautiful and I love Thai food.
9) Interesting fact people don't know about you?
In my 20's, I was one of the college students selected to represent Thailand in 11 different countries in South East Asia-I ended up meeting 11 prime ministers! It was awesome!
10) What advice would you give someone who is about to move here?
Bring a lot of money with you as housing, schools, and groceries are all very expensive! Also, do your shopping during the week because on the weekends malls are very crowded!