Introducing Asya Margaryan, ballerina extraordinaire. When this lovely Armenian expat is not gracing the stages of Singapore, you'll find her moulding mini-dancers at The Ballet and Dance Company or directing island-wide ballet productions.
1) So Asya, how long have you lived in Singapore?
2) Where are you from originally?
3) What brought you here?
I came here to study dance.
4) What do you do in your spare time?
I like to go to the movies and hang out at Siloso beach.
5) What do you like best about Singapore?
It is a very safe city.
6) What do you like least?
It's a bit crowded.
7 Never leave the house without?
8) Best weekend trip?
Well, on the weekends I'm working. But, if I had the time, I would got to Thailand. It's nearby and has beautiful beaches.
9) Interesting fact people don't know about you?
In the six years I've been in Singapore I have never been back to my home country. Also, I like to dress up! Being a ballerina, I guess that comes with the territory.
10) What advice would you give someone who is about to move here?
That's a hard one...maybe, find a house or apartment before you get here. They say it's easy but I found it very difficult.