|"Who needs cups...when you have a frozen slushy?"|
If you are a parent at an all boys birthday party you really need to be prepared:
1) Be prepared to not relax.
2) Be prepared to need the wine you brought for the other moms.
3) Be prepared to eat most of the chips you allegedly put out for the boys.
4) Be prepared to spend most of the party on the edge of your chair when one kid suggests: "Let's have a jumping competition...from the high wall straight into the pool below."
5) Be prepared to wonder why you agreed to a boys only party. A five hour one.
6) Be prepared to hear lots of laughing if the pizzeria you take them to has the word "Virgin" in it.
7) Be prepared to explain to a mom there is actually no need for the two dozen eggs she kindly brought for the egg flinging competition (nice one, Alexander).
8) Be prepared for lots of wrestling. That's not fighting... that's actually the way boys play.
9) Be prepared with an ice bag, band aids, and a fair amount of diplomatic maneuvering.
10) Be prepared to hear the words: skill, fail, and epic...a lot.
11) Be prepared to have a surefire hit if you hire the slushie machine your son always dreamed of. And don't look surprised, when the very helpful rep http://slusheesurprise.com/ informs you it makes over 120 slushies. There may only be 12 boys but there are even more unsuspecting, dry necks.
Happy 12th Birthday, Alexander!