2) You get to find out where their friends really are from.
3) A soccer jersey is a totally acceptable outfit (gondola get-up being difficult to assemble at that hour in the morning).
4) You get to watch chinese students, visiting your kid's school from Beijing, sing and dance on stage to Justin Bieber songs. They're surprisingly good.
5) Your son's creativity is tested. "Hmmm, I don't have anything specifically 'Italian' to wear. I know, I'll just dress really, really well."
6) Cultural stereotypes are encouraged: "What Jen, no pizza this year?"