|"How dreary to be somebody..."|
1) Instead of living in rural Massachussets, she would have lived in Sembawang.
2) Instead of writing: "I'm nobody, who are you?" She would have written: "I'm an expat without benefits...how about you?"
3) Instead of: "Hope is the thing with feathers." She would have written: "Hope is the taxi with a green light."
4) Instead of themes of death and immortality, her poetry might have dealt with mould and humidity.
5) And that feeling of a funeral in her brain, might have just been a headache due to dehydration.