Back by popular demand, "10 Questions To An Expat," featuring the lovely Ellen Cholmeley. This British expat likes travelling, hanging out with her daughters (the two angels pictured above), and bringing home stray dogs. Lucky dogs.
1) How long have you lived in Singapore?
Almost six years.
2) Where are you from originally?
3) What brought you here?
We moved here from Hong Kong for my husband Simon's job at Reader's Digest. He has since started his own company Novus Media Solutions (www.novusasia.com).
4) What do you do in your spare time?
When I'm not working at my husband's company, I'm either walking the dogs, helping the charity Room to Read, or carting the girls (Jessica and Maddie) around.
5) What do you like best about Singapore?
The food, the wide open green spaces, the weather, home help.
6) What do you like least?
Driving. Nobody signals.
7) Never leave the house without?
A sense of humor...
8) Best weekend trip?
9) Interesting fact most people don't know about you?
I got married in Bali.
10) What advice would you give someone who is about to move here?
Make sure you've got enough money!