The following traits they've recently acquired do nothing to assuage my fears:
1) The craving to eat hot, spicy chicken at 10 am.
2) Alexander's familiarity with chopsticks.
3) Their preference of rice over pasta.
4) Their giddy anticipation of chewing gum in Verona. (Singapore doesn't sell gum. And no, I'm not counting the gum they sell in pharmacies.)
5) Eliot's knowledge of more words in Mandarin than in Italian.
6) The inability to grasp the concept of changing seasons.
7) The belief that everybody has a pool.
8) Eliot's teary breakdown because she doesn't have straight, black hair.
9) Alexander surreptitious usage of hair gel (to have aforementioned straight, black hair).
10) When they say they want to go to Disneyland, they're referring to the one in Tokyo.
They say you can never go home again. What do you think?